7 Tips for Entering the IAFE Contests
7. Visit www.iafecontest.com for more information. All the information you are sure to need can be located on the new and improved contest website. Find frequently asked questions, judging criteria, lists of previous contest winners, and more by browsing the website. Still have a question? Contact Brittney at the IAFE office. Her contact information is…..on the website!
6. Understand how and when to submit. All entries must be submitted on the IAFE Contest Website by the deadline (October 1, 2021). Is your event too close to that deadline to submit entries? No problem! Submit entries from your previous fair into the 2021 IAFE Contest!
5. Read ALL rules. Did you know the IAFE and the respective committees explain the judging criteria, often give examples of entries, and provide guidelines within the rules? If it’s in the rules, it’s a solid rule. Don’t submit a TV commercial that is the wrong length, or too many pages of supporting materials. Yes, the judges will notice and yes, they will care.
4. Delegate. Want to enter an awesome agricultural exhibit, but you’re not the expert in that field? Ask the person who is to either (1) send you the necessary information, or (2) fill out the category forms. The forms may need tweaking after you receive them back, but at least you have the information you need!
3. Refer to previous entries. Not sure what the judges are looking for in a specific category? Pull out your trusted contest USB and glance at previous years. The USB contains the winners in most categories, so you will know what type of entry they are looking for. They are NOT, however, looking for a duplication of previous entries. Judges prefer original ideas that can be shared with other fairs.
2. Develop a game plan BEFORE your fair. You’ve worked hard all year to execute a successful event consisting of many great aspects. Be sure to read through the categories before your fair to determine what will best fit into each one. This ensures you will get the proper supporting materials, such as photos, you need to enhance your contest entries. Involve your entire team with this step. Someone else in your office may have an outstanding idea just waiting to be shared.1. Watch this video.
The below video shows you how to maneuver around the contest website, tips on how to enter, and outlines a few of the rules to watch for.
*NEW in 2021*: ALL entries are submitted and judged solely online. No physical materials are requested.